QuickBooks is amazingly powerful accounting solution for your small business, but only if you really know how to use it. You unlock QuickBooks’ true potential only by mastering its use, and figuring out the fastest and most accurate way to make it work for you. Unfortunately, not all of those kinds of tasks are always obvious or intuitive. Sometimes, you need a little tip to push you in the right direction.
Here are 10 of the best QuickBooks shortcuts you can use to help unlock its power for your business:
- Use “1 Line Display” in the register. This lets you get through transactions in the register much faster and with fewer clicks.
- Use multiple windows for multiple screens. Click View and Multiple Windows to make this work. It prevents you from having to find one window hiding behind another.
- Use CTRL+L when in the drop-down customer list to get more info about the customer, which you can then add into the form.
- Create not only memorized reports, but groups of memorized reports so that you can find them much more easily.
- In the Report Center, you can hover over the report name to get a preview.
- Right-clicking is your friend. Just about anywhere you right-click, you’re going to get a context-sensitive menu. If you want to perform a task fast and don’t remember where to go to do it, right-clicking might just do the trick.
- When creating a new customer, inputting the Customer Name in the address field will automatically populate the Customer Name field at the top of the form. The reverse is not true, so always fill in the address field first.
- Turn on your auto-fill preference for vendors. Change that setting in Edit => Preferences => General => My Preferences => Change.
- Add industry terms to your spellcheck. Trust me. It will save you time in the long-run.
- Consider removing the “edited transaction” warning, as it usually only serves to slow you down.
Would your business like more tips on using Quickbooks? Contact us or sign up for our Pro Tips here.