QuickBooks is perhaps the most powerful small business accounting software package out there today. Increasingly, businesses are recognizing just how important the business intelligence provided by QuickBooks can be. If you want to increase efficiency, maximize profits, and really keep your finger on the pulse of your small business, you need to unleash the power of QuickBooks.
Here are 10 ways you can get more out of QuickBooks today:
1. Give QuickBooks as much information as possible. Using customer and job type data, for example, can provide you with useful information down the road.
2. Spend some time learning reports. Pulling the right kinds of data from QuickBooks can tell you how efficient your business is, how profitable a given product or service is, and whether a particular marketing campaign has a sufficient ROI.
3. Carefully archive and backup your QuickBooks data. The IRS can ask for an archived QuickBooks file for years to come. Treat these files the same as you would any other financial records.
4. Master the interface. For example, you can quickly find specific transactions using the Register icon rather than using the previous or next buttons.
5. Learn common mistakes. For example, many businesses mistakenly use the check writing function to pay payroll taxes, which will cause headaches down the road.
6. Work with a ProAdvisor. QuickBooks ProAdvisors know the software inside and out, and can help you figure out even more ways to squeeze functionality from QuickBooks.
7. Look into third party tools. Whether you’re talking about something to interface with your CRM software or whether you want certain mobile functionality, there are a number of tools out there you can use.
QuickBooks can bring new efficiency to your business and increase your bottom line. It can help you know what’s working and what’s not. The more you understand QuickBooks, the more functionality you can pull from it and the stronger your small business will be.
Want more tips? Sign up for our Pro-Tips email or contact us here.