Chances are good that, at some point, you’re going to need to give a presentation, whether it’s to investors, employees, colleagues, or customers. Unfortunately, as the Inc.com blog reminds us, the vast majority of presentations are terrible.
Here are some things they suggest to keep your presentation from stinking:
- Use something other than PowerPoint, or your presentation will look just like everyone else’s.
- Avoid bullet-points as they make the presentation choppy.
- Don’t be self-effacing; instead, project confidence.
- Be emotional, but not overly-so.
- Don’t bore your audience with more facts than absolutely necessary.