If you’re a small business owner, you know how critical bookkeeping and accounting is and that it can be a difficult and pretty time-consuming task. Intuit knows that too, which is why they’ve completely overhauled QuickBooks Online to make it cleaner, faster and easier to use. The new features help you focus on your business, not on bookkeeping.
Why Switch To QuickBooks Online?
If you use QuickBooks Desktop, you may wonder why you would want to switch to QuickBooks Online. The answer is easy online access.
- You can easily work from home instead of living at work to finish up invoice entry.
- You can share your accounting data with your accountant without setting a cutoff date and sending them a data file.
- You can even use QuickBooks Online from your mobile device.
And let’s face it, keeping QuickBooks Desktop up-to-date gets rather tedious. The more features you use, the more updates there are for tax and payroll tables, etc. QuickBooks Online makes everything available right now — no installation, no updates, no being tied to your desk.
QuickBooks Online 2013 has simplified interfaces for business owners who aren’t professional accountants, along with workflows that make sense and help keep books up-to-date.
Below are the 4 newest features introduced with Quickbooks Online.
Moving through QuickBooks is intuitive and simple, with user-friendly built-in workflow to help you manage your money without being an accounting pro. And if you upgrade to QBO 2013 from other products, your screens are overlaid with advice and new feature explanation the first time you see a new screen, to help you quickly grasp the changes in the new version.
- The opening screen is a clean visual presentation of key business metrics, with alerts for late or overdue items, upcoming tasks, and problem areas.
- A navigation bar runs down the left-hand side of the screen, making it easy to get to the spot that needs the most attention.
QuickBooks service are built-in to the Online product.
- If you have employees who need to be paid, turn on the payroll option; otherwise, leave it off.
- If you want to directly accept credit cards, turn on merchant services.
- If you have other small business apps, like Salesforce, they may integrate with QuickBooks Online 2013.
- Intuit is also opening their application to independent app developers, so more apps will be springing up to help manage your business.
The best part is that you only pay for the features you need, and some come with a free trial period and money-back limited-time guarantee.
Mobile Device Support
This is the favorite feature of a majority of customers. You can access QuickBooks Online 2013 from your desktop, laptop, iPad and even smart phones.
QuickBooks Online 2013 provides support for the most popular technology of today and keeps your data synchronized across access devices. This makes it easy to keep your books up-to-date no matter where you are – at the office, the coffee shop, at home, or on customer calls. It’s all at your fingertips and you can do bookkeeping when and where it’s appropriate for you, even dynamically as you make sales and take orders. No more double work! It’s all current.
Don’t retype data, import it! QuickBooks Online 2013 can;
- Import older QuickBooks data files
- Populate customer lists from address book contact information
- Import transactions from banks and credit card companies without intermediate services
- Attach external documents to related accounting records with a few clicks.
QuickBooks Online 2013 is designed to be the central data repository for your critical business information.
To summarize it all, QuickBooks 2013 is a new model in small business accounting software, and is definitely worth a look. And with a FREE 30-day-trial, there’s nothing to lose and everything to gain.