Successful small businesses have creative employees. The Inc.com blog offers some tips this week on how to encourage good ideas from your employees. Among their suggestions:
- Use effective motivation tools. Money tops the list here.
- Demonstrate to your employees that good ideas can come from anywhere.
- Keep employees focused on your core business.
- Ask employees questions when you face a problem. Give them feedback on their ideas, too.
- Keep in mind that employees are also customers, in many cases.
- Make the idea box fun and creative.
- Have an open door policy.