One of the challenges facing small businesses is meeting legal requirements in labor practices. Even labor law poster rules can be a hassle. Last week, the Intuit Small Business blog took a look at labor law posters.
Some of the information the article gives includes:
- You may be required to put up posters from as many as 7 different sources if you do it alone.
- If you goof up the posting process, you can face fees as high as $17,000.
- Labor laws change often, to the tune of about 150 each year.
- There are services that can help you comply with labor law posters, including one offered by Intuit.
- If there’s ever a reason for you to have an employment audit, one of the things that the auditors will look for is posters.