Businesses of all sizes can benefit from a little bit of PR, and PR is more than simply putting together a press release. This week the Intuit Small Business Blog offers us 5 steps that a company can use to wage an effective PR campaign:
- Plot your strategy – create a newsworthy angle and think about what results you’re hoping to get from your campaign.
- Get the word out – create a compelling story with a benefit-rich angle. Make sure the press release or pitch is well-crafted, and consider using a professional copywriter.
- Do the legwork – know to whom you’re sending the press release and make sure it gets to the right person.
- Be persistent – send your press release to media outlets, but then follow-up via email or phone.
- Make yourself available – if the media contact you, make sure you’re ready and able to answer.